Iterating over a function call

Vlastimil Brom vlastimil.brom at
Mon Feb 1 23:39:09 CET 2010

2010/2/1 Gerald Britton <gerald.britton at>:
> Hi -- I have many sections of code like this:
>    for value in value_iterator:
>         value_function(value)
> I noticed that this does two things I don't like:
> --
> Gerald Britton
> --

just to add to the collection of possible approaches (personally, I
find the straightforward versions fine, given the task ... )
If you know, that the called function (used for side effect in any
case) doesn't return any "true" value, you could use
any(...) over a generator expression or imap
(or, inversely, all(...) if there are "true" returns all the time).

Not that it improves clarity, but something like a dummy
reduce(lambda x, y: None, <genexp>, None) might (kind of) work for
arbitrary returns. Both variants only have a redundant boolean or None