Python and Ruby

Wed Feb 3 00:59:03 EST 2010

On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:11:49 -0600, John Bokma wrote:

> Jonathan Gardner <jgardner at jonathangardner.net> writes:
>
>> I can explain, in an hour, every single feature of the Python language
>> to an experienced programmer, all the way up to metaclasses,
>
> Either you're a hell of a talker, or I am far, far away from being an
> experienced programmer. It's advocacy like this, IMO, that keeps people
> away from a language, because you can't feel nothing but a failure after
> a statement like this.

Surely you're exaggerating?

Without making any aspersions towards Jonathan either way, the Internet
is full of both blowhards and geniuses. Anyone who lets the off-the-cup
claims of either ruin their self-confidence is unlikely to be thinking
about learning Python, they're probably sitting alone in a dark room
staring as the walls close in.

Either that or on MySpace.

--
Steven