Dreaming of new generation IDE

Vladimir Ignatov kmisoft at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 06:10:21 EST 2010

Hello,

I am sitting here for quite some time, but usually keep silent ;-) I
use Python since 2003 both "professionally" and for my hobby projects
and love it a much.
I notice however, that "maintaining" existing/older python code is may
be not so enjoyable task. It may be even harder than supporting old
code written in some type of "static" languages (like Java or C++).
Surely "dynamic" nature of python comes with price.

Finally I develop a feeling that strong instrumentation / tools can
bring us the best of two worlds. That I am dreaming on is an absolute
new type/class of IDE suitable for Python and potentially for other
dynamic-type languages. Instead of current text-oriented IDEs, it
should be a database-centric and resemble current CAD systems instead
of being just "fancy text editor". Source text should be an output
product of that CAD and not a "source material" itself.

Well. I understand that it is a very ambitious and experimental stuff.
Great efforts and motivation needed even to get something "runnable".
So I am looking for someone to get in kind of "virtual partnership".
If someone interesting it that soft of stuff, I would like to talk and
discuss this system.

Vladimir Ignatov