test -- please ignore

kj no.email at please.post
Wed Feb 3 11:23:58 EST 2010

In <87wryumvff.fsf at benfinney.id.au> Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

>kj <no.email at please.post> writes:

>> (my replies in a different comp.lang.python thread are getting
>> rejected by the server; i have no problem posting to alt.test; and
>> i'm trying to toubleshoot the problem further.)

>Thank you for this explanation. It is important to know that you've
>tried the less obtrusive diagnostics first. Good hunting.

I figured out the immediate reason for the failure: when replying
to *certain posts*, my newsreader omits the Newsgroups header from
the response.  Why it does this is still a mystery to me, but at
least now I know what to look out for.  Then again, I use the
"venerable" (i.e. decrepit) nn as newsreader, so this discovery
probably won't help many of those reading this...