simple and fast platform independent IPC

News123 news123 at
Wed Feb 3 22:45:57 CET 2010

Tim Golden wrote:
>> Anyway, you have in mind that respect to speed:
>> shared memory>  named pipes>  Unix domain socket>  TCP socket
> True, but the OP didn't mention speed; rather simplicity. Not
> saying it isn't a consideration but premature optimisation and
> all that...

Yes true. I'm looking for something simple, platform agnostic. Lateron I
can always improve performance.

Perhaps I'll stick initially with xmlrpc, as it is quite simple, though
a little heavy.
I just have to see how to deal with servers which are not up, no more
up, being restarted.