Dreaming of new generation IDE

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Wed Feb 3 17:24:05 EST 2010

Vladimir Ignatov <kmisoft at gmail.com> writes:

>> I guess Vladimir means what's called a structure editor. The (by me)
>> aforementioned Synthesizer Generator is an example of such an editor
>> (environment).
>
> Maybe. Yes, it kind of "generator". It has (entered somehow) internal
> representation of target program. Then it generates code out of this
> internal data. Yes, it is imaginable system, I don't have any working
> prototype yet. But about to start making it. For prototype I choose
> python 2.x as implementation language, sqlite as internal database and
> Django as UI.

You might check out articles that mention the Synthesizer Generator, etc.
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cis?q=synthesizer+generator&cs=1
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cis?q=structure+editor&cs=1

The idea is not new (at least 30 years old), and those articles might
help you.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/