Passing command line argument to program from within IDLE?

Steve Holden steve at
Fri Feb 5 01:20:38 CET 2010

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> En Thu, 04 Feb 2010 20:46:52 -0300, John Bokma <john at>
> escribió:
>>> I guess that Terry means that a solution that makes it possible to
>>> specify in IDLE *outside* of the Python code the arguments would be
>>> better. Hardcoding the command line arguments isn't something I would do
>>> for testing.
>> Oops, that should've been Steve, my apologies.
> See
So we've had a patch since April and it still didn't make it into 3.1?
That's disappointing. I wonder if there's any chance it'll get into 2.7.

PyCon is coming! Atlanta, Feb 2010
Holden Web LLC