Your beloved python features

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Fri Feb 5 02:19:46 EST 2010

Julian <mailings at julianmoritz.de> writes:
> I want to design a poster for an open source conference, the local
> usergroup will have a table there, and in the past years there were
> some people that came to the python-table just to ask "why should I
> use python?".

- Very easy to learn, at least for the not-too-hairy fragment
- some features like generators are advanced compared with some
  other languages, yet still easy to use
- pleasant-to-use syntax (yes, the indentation stuff that everyone
  is freaked out by at first) and well-evolved library makes coding
  very productive and enjoyable
- reasonably good documentation
- large and friendly user/developer community