Your beloved python features

George Sakkis george.sakkis at
Fri Feb 5 08:25:59 CET 2010

On Feb 5, 2:45 am, "Bruce C. Baker" <b... at>

> "Terry Reedy" <tjre... at> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1929.1265328905.28905.python-list at
> > Iterators, and in particular, generators.
> > A killer feature.
> > Terry Jan Reedy

+1, iterators/generators is among Python's best features for me too.

> Neither unique to Python.

Can you name a single feature that is unique to a language, Python or
other ? Every idea that's any good has been copied over, usually more
than once.

> And then're the other killer "features" superfluous ":"s and rigid
> formatting!

I'll give the benefit of doubt and assume you're joking rather than