Your beloved python features

bartc bartc at
Fri Feb 5 13:18:46 CET 2010

"R Fritz" <rfritz333 at> wrote in message
news:e97ff208-d08e-4934-8e38-a40d668cd116 at
> My favorite feature is its readability.  It's as near to pseudo-code
> as any language we have, and that's valuable in open source projects
> or when I return to code to modify it.

That might be true when used to code actual algorithms using basic features.

But a lot of Pythonisms would appear mysterious to someone who doesn't know
the language (for example, what does :: mean in an array index).

Or perhaps pseudo-code is much more advanced these days...