Your beloved python features

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Fri Feb 5 19:00:44 EST 2010

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Trailing spaces and tabs, on the other hand, *are* invisible. But they're
> also insignificant, and so don't matter.
>
> (Except for one little tiny corner case, which I shall leave as an
> exercise for the advanced reader.)

Drat, now I'm gonna be up at odd hours tonight dredging my brain
for such corner cases.  My catalog so far:

- triple-quoted multi-line strings

- "\" line-continuations don't work with trailing whitespace
(though Vim's syntax highlighting flags them, changing their
color if there's whitespace afterwards)

- files that read themselves (or perhaps depend on
introspection/debugging modules to read themselves)

Any others that I missed?

-tkc