Programing family

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:54:13 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 5:39 PM, AON LAZIO <aonlazio at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have thought funny things
> If we think all languages are like a family
> I could draft them like this (Python base)
>
> C is Python's Mom

I can see this.

> C++ : Dad

Ick, no. C++ is the dirty Uncle who gets touchy with us in inappropriate
ways.

> Pascal/Assembly : Grandparents

o.O

> C#   : Uncle

Java : Aunt

 If C# and Java are our parents siblings and we're older by quite a bit then
them, then... that implies some sort of shady things in our family tree!
Maybe Grandpappy married a bombshell just out of high school and managed to
knock her up.

Then again, we did take some stuff from both. So maybe C# and Java are our
neighbors, and our sister had an affair with one of them and got knocked up,
and so we got the "logging" package and decorators and.

Er.

I fail at this analogy.

Ruby: Cousin

I can see this.

> Perl : Girlfriend

You seriously need to duck and run for cover at this one. Someone on one of
our sides is going to throw a rock at you now. :)

--S