Generic spreadsheet interface

Phil Hibbs snarks at
Wed Feb 10 13:24:36 CET 2010

I've currently got an Excel spreadsheet with loads of VBA, and I've
been thinking of porting it to "This is a Python
list!" I hear you cry, but bear with me - rather than just re-writing
all the VBA code in OOo script, I thought, "why not make it generic -
so it can work with Excel or OOo?" - then I thought of Python. Python
can interface with both, but the specifics of how to interface with
each are very different. What would be nice is a generic wrapper class
that can work with either. Has anyone come across anything like that?

Phil Hibbs.