looking for some libraries

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 12:15:07 EST 2010

On Feb 10, 8:59 am, Vision <visibleli... at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> I am doing some stuffs with some software, which has similar layout
> like this:
> Editbox________1
> Editbox________2
> Editbox________3
>        _OK_
> _______________
> |        output        |
> |        output        |
> |        output        |
> |        output        |
> |        output        |
> --------------------------
> What I need to do is to fill the edit boxes, then press the OK button,
> then I will get some output text below.
> This is tedious since I have lots of entries to deal with.
> So I am trying to write some scripts to handle this. And I wonder if
> there is any library available for me to simplify the process?
> Thanks!

Well a GUI kit comes to mind. And since you did not mention a
preference (or much really) i would suggest Tkinter in the stdlib as a
starting point. Here is a big hint!

#-- start code --#
import Tkinter as tk

def fooit():
    lister.insert(END, entry1.get())

app = tk.Tk()

label1 = tk.Label(app, text='label-1').grid(row=0, column=0)
entry1 = tk.Entry(app).grid(row=0, column=1)
tk.Button(app, text='OK', command=fooit).grid(row=1, column=0,
columnspan=2)
lister = tk.Listbox(app, width=20, height=10)
lister.grid(row=2, column=0, columnspan=2)

app.mainloop()
#-- end code --#

i would wrap the label and entry up into a class myself but milage may
vary.