Modifying Class Object

John Posner jjposner at optimum.net
Wed Feb 10 17:13:06 EST 2010

On 2/10/2010 1:38 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:

> After all is said and done - if you had a truly good grasp of Python, I
> might buy your book even if you still had -- ummm -- a less than winning
> presence on the mailing list; but right now your understanding is not
> worth paying for.

Alf, here's my suggestion on how to respond to people's criticisms of
your technical prowess: come up with the "best ever" description of
Python's variable-assignment and argument-passing schemes, and place the
description in your manuscript [1]. Section 2.4, "Naming things",
currently does not address the issues discussed in this thread ("pass by
XXX", etc.).

HTH,
John

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2009-December/1229932.html