base32hex support in python?

Vishal Shetye vishal_shetye at persistent.co.in
Thu Feb 11 08:27:51 EST 2010

Hi,
One of the modules that I am currently working on requires base32hex encoding as defined by RFC 4648, section 7.
I checked base64 module which has base32encode/decode functionality but not with extended hex alphabet.
Is there a module, currently available, that provides this?

As far as I see, it looks fairly simple to add support for base32hex. It differs from the base32 encoding only in the alphabet used. I am willing to provide a patch.
Just to note, map01 argument won't be applicable to base32hexdecode as this encoding uses both 0 (zero) and O (oh) in its alphabet.

Looking at the section 13 of RFC 4648, I think, adding base32hex support would make it conform to RFC 4648.

-
Vishal

DISCLAIMER