Modifying Class Object

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Feb 13 21:41:42 EST 2010

In article <hl6ilk$f7h$1 at news.eternal-september.org>,
Alf P. Steinbach <alfps at start.no> wrote:

>My original statement, with reference to the Java language spec,
>didn't say much more about the language than that it has assignable
>references.

Assuming this is what you're referring to:

    Python passes pointers by value, just as e.g. Java does.

Then you are simply, completely, totally, and absolutely wrong.  Period.
Regardless of how CPython manages its state internally, Python as a
programming language does not have pointers.

"At Resolver we've found it useful to short-circuit any doubt and just
refer to comments in code as 'lies'. :-)"