trouble installing matplotlib - syslibroot: multiply specified

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Mon Feb 15 06:20:10 EST 2010

* katrine:

> Hope you guys don't mind a question about building matplotlib from a
> biologist who wants to learn how to use python.
>
> I am trying to install matplotlib on my mac with OS X 10.4.11, using
> python 2.6.4 and Xcode 2.2.1. I have had a few fights with freetype
> and Tkinter, and I think I've got those worked out. I have configured
> and installed numpy, freetype, zlib, and libpng. But I am still
> getting an error about multiply specified syslibroot  - does this make
> sense to anyone?

Don't know if this will help, but I just googled "syslibroot", and it coughed up
the following discussion:

   <url: http://lists.apple.com/archives/unix-porting/2005/Oct/msg00003.html>

Quoting from that thread: "Try not setting LDFLAGS.  Passing -isysroot to gcc
might cause it to pass -isyslibroot to the linker if you're using gcc to link."

Cheers,

- Alf