Talking with ebay using Python

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Mon Feb 15 15:17:35 EST 2010

> On 15 February 2010 20:04, Chris Rebert <clp2 at rebertia.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 6:10 AM, starglider develop
>> <starglider.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I need a way of talking with the eBay API:
>> > Made search,
>> > Ask for item status.
>> >
>> > What can it be done, and where can I get the info.
>>
>> In the future, search Google and PyPI (http://pypi.python.org/pypi).
>> (PyPI is like CPAN for Python.)
>>
>> Here's what I came up with:
>>
>> pyeBay:
>> http://ebaydeveloper.typepad.com/pyebay.html
>>
>> easyBay:
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/easyBay/0.1dev
>>
>> They both haven't been updated in a while are are probably
>> unmaintained. I have never used either of these; I have no idea
>> whether they still work.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 12:12 PM, starglider develop
<starglider.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your replay Chris,
> but easyBay is no longer available, I had contact the mantainer without
> result.
> pyebay is new to me but lacks documentations and the output is in XML unlike
> easybay the creats a class.

Er, easyBay is available. Click one of the file links on its PyPI
entry, they work just fine.

And in the future, mention the results of any search (i.e. the fact
you tried contacting the easyBay dev) in your first message.

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.rebertia.com