Few Small Questions Regarding CGI

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Tue Feb 16 00:52:19 CET 2010

On Feb 15, 2:04 pm, joy99 <subhakolkata1... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to learn CGI. I was checking Python Docs. There are
> multiple modules. Which one to start with?
> Is there any other material or URL for step by step learning of CGI.

I would suggest skipping 15 years of internet progress and going with
a more modern framework. I recommend Pylons, although Django and
web.py are not bad.

> My next question is:
> I want to test it. I have a small personal computer. I have internet
> but is connected by a service provider. I do not have personal web
> page. Can I use my personal computer as a client as well as a server?

Yes. The nature of the internet means anyone that connects can be a
client or a server or both at the same time.

Heck, you don't even need to have a connection to the internet. Just
play with, which points right back to the same machine
you're running on.

I do this all the time for developing and testing out websites or
change to websites I work on.