Referring to class methods in class attributes

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 17 17:04:47 EST 2010

Bruno Desthuilliers <bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr> writes:

> Mmmm... Let's try to explain the whole damn thing. It's really (and
> IMHO beautifully) simple once you get it, but I agree it's a bit
> peculiar when compared to most mainstream OO languages.
[…]

Bruno, that's the first time I've understood the descriptor protocol, or
even understood *why* the descriptor protocol is important.

Could you please post (a version of) this as a separate article
somewhere? A weblog post, or a new thread in this forum, or in the
documentation? Somewhere that web searches will find it prominently when
searching for the Python descriptor protocol.

Thank you.

--
 \      “I don't want to live peacefully with difficult realities, and |
  `\     I see no virtue in savoring excuses for avoiding a search for |