Interesting talk on Python vs. Ruby and how he would like Python to have just a bit more syntactic flexibility.

Ben Finney ben+python at
Thu Feb 18 00:17:51 CET 2010

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> writes:

> In message <hlhdsi$2pn$1 at>, cjw wrote:
> > Aren't lambda forms better described as function?
> Is this a function?
>     lambda : None
> What about this?
>     lambda : sys.stdout.write("hi there!\n")

They are both lambda forms in Python. As a Python expression, they
evaluate to (they “return”) a function object.

 \       “It is wrong to think that the task of physics is to find out |
  `\         how nature *is*. Physics concerns what we can *say* about |
_o__)                                             nature…” —Niels Bohr |
Ben Finney