Updating Packages in 2.5 (win/numpy) and Related Matters (the latest)

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Wed Feb 17 22:36:24 EST 2010

 > On 17 February 2010 07:25,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

 > > DeprecationWarnings mean some some functionality in numpy (or scipy)
 > > has changed and the old way of doing things will be removed and be
 > > invalid in the next version.
 > >
 > > During depreciation the old code still works, but before you upgrade
 > > you might want to check whether and how much you use these functions
 > > and switch to the new behavior.
 > >
 > > In the case of numpy.test, it means that if you have tests written
 > > that use the numpy testing module, then you need to switch them to the
 > > new nose based numpy.testing. And you need to install nose for running
 > > numpy.test()
Wayne - The DeprecationWarnings are being raised by SciPy, not by your
code. You probably don't have a recent version of SciPy installed. The
most recent release of SciPy is 0.7.1 and works with NumPy 1.3.0. I
don't think you will see the warnings if you upgrade SciPy and NumPy
on your system.

Check your NumPy and SciPy versions at a python prompt as follows:

You will need to completely remove the old versions if you choose to
upgrade. You should be able to do this from "Add/Remove Programs".

Cheers,
Scott