Upgrading Py2exe App

Ryan Kelly ryan at rfk.id.au
Thu Feb 18 19:19:32 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 07:46 -0800, T wrote:
> I have a Python app which I converted to an EXE (all files separate;
> single EXE didn't work properly) via py2exe - I plan on distributing
> this and would like the ability to remotely upgrade the program (for
> example, via HTTP/HTTPS).   Looks like it's not just the EXE that I
> will need need to replace (DLLs, the library.zip, etc.).  What would
> be the best way to go about doing this?

I've been working on an auto-update framework for my own frozen apps,
you might find it useful:

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/esky

Docs are a little scarce at the moment, the next release will hopefully
come with a short tutorial (as well as support for cx_freeze and maybe
py2app, depending on how adventurous I'm feeling).

  Cheers,

     Ryan

--
Ryan Kelly