Executing Python code on another computer

Arnaud Delobelle arnodel at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:28:15 EST 2010

On 19 Feb, 15:52, SiWi <wimmersi... at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello community,
> I googled for an answer of the following problem, but I couldn't find
> anything.
> I've got a netbook and my fast workstation compter, which I usually
> use for developing.
> But I'd also like to take my netbook around the house and to develop
> Python programms on it.
> The problem is that naturally a netbook is not the fastest computer
> you could find.
>
> So I wondered if it was possible to send the Python code I'm
> developing on the netbook to the workstation pc via wlan, let the
> script execute on the workstation pc and write the output back on the
> netbook.
>
> Is there any possibilty to achieve that goal?

There are plenty of ways to do this - but they are not really related
to Python.  What is most convenient for you will probably depend on
the tools that you are used to using, your operating system and your
level of expertise with configuring network services.  On mac and
linux it is very easy to set up an ssh server on your workstation.
You can then edit your files remotely - the method might be different
depending on your operating system, unless you use something like
Emacs - and also execute them remotely.

--
Arnaud