The Disappearing Program?

W. eWatson wolftracks at
Fri Feb 19 18:21:24 CET 2010

On 2/19/2010 7:16 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> Andre Engels wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Mark Lawrence
>> <breamoreboy at> wrote:
tories, or even the whole hard drive, for snowball.*. Then the OP
> would know exactly what he has or hasn't got.
> HTH.
> Mark Lawrence
Here's the answer. Consider this folder.

I now apply py2exe steps to produce an  "executable" for abc. The folder
now changes to

build are two new folders. dist contains abc.exe.

Somehow when I type abc at the command prompt, this follows a path to
dist, and finds abc.exe, where it executes properly.
Cute, eh? I have no explanation for it.

I have no idea what build is for, but dist contains a bunch of other
files that possible apply to doing this with other files in the Afolder. maybe. The details seem to be shrouded. Possible a Google might
provide a full explanation.