How would I do a continuous write over a pipe in the following code...

chad cdalten at
Sat Feb 20 21:46:24 CET 2010

Given the following....

import subprocess as s

broadcast = s.Popen("echo test | wall", shell=True,stdout=s.PIPE)

out = broadcast.stdout
while 1:

The code only executes once. What I want to do is be able to
continuously write over the pipe once it is open. I could put
s.Popen() inside the while loop, but that seems a bit too messy. So is
there some way to just open the pipe once, and once it is open, just
continuously write over it vs just opening and closing the pipe every