Interesting talk on Python vs. Ruby and how he would like Python to have just a bit more syntactic flexibility.

John Bokma john at
Sun Feb 21 19:22:30 CET 2010

Jonathan Gardner <jgardner at> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Lie Ryan <lie.1296 at> wrote:
>> Now, why don't we start a PEP to make python a fully-functional language
>> then?
> Because people don't think the same way that programs are written in
> functional languages.

Heh! When I learned Miranda it felt natural to me. Prolog on the other

In short: I am afraid you're overgeneralizing here; it depends on one's
background. If not, citation needed ;-)

John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico - - Perl & Python Development