What's Going on between Python and win7?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Mon Feb 22 15:33:43 EST 2010

Gib Bogle <g.bogle at auckland.no.spam.ac.nz> writes:

> MRAB wrote:
>> W. eWatson wrote:
>>> Last night I copied a program from folder A to folder B. It
>>> inspects the contents of files in a folder. When I ran it in B, it
>>> gave the results for A! Out of frustration I changed the name in A,
>>> and fired up the program in B. Win7 went into search mode for the
>>> file. I looked at properties for the B program, and it was clearly
>>> pointing to folder A.
>>>
>> Sounds like you didn't copy it but made a shortcut to it instead.
>
> Windows 7 has symbolic links?

   Symbolic links are designed to aid in migration and application
   compatibility with UNIX operating systems. Microsoft has implemented
   its symbolic links to function just like UNIX links.

   :

   Symbolic links are available in NTFS starting with Windows Vista.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365680(VS.85).aspx

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/