What's Going on between Python and win7?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Mon Feb 22 21:33:43 CET 2010

Gib Bogle <g.bogle at auckland.no.spam.ac.nz> writes:

> MRAB wrote:
>> W. eWatson wrote:
>>> Last night I copied a program from folder A to folder B. It
>>> inspects the contents of files in a folder. When I ran it in B, it
>>> gave the results for A! Out of frustration I changed the name in A,
>>> and fired up the program in B. Win7 went into search mode for the
>>> file. I looked at properties for the B program, and it was clearly
>>> pointing to folder A.
>> Sounds like you didn't copy it but made a shortcut to it instead.
> Windows 7 has symbolic links?

   Symbolic links are designed to aid in migration and application
   compatibility with UNIX operating systems. Microsoft has implemented
   its symbolic links to function just like UNIX links.

   Symbolic links are available in NTFS starting with Windows Vista.

John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/