Can I make sqlite3 or shelve work reliably on any Win/Linux/Mac?

Alex Quinn alexanderjquinn at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 19:01:44 EST 2010

Thanks for the reply, Jonathan, but I was hoping to find a workaround.  I don't have root access for these machines so I can't repair the install.  Among the 6 Linux servers at 3 separately managed organizations where I do work, the sqlite3 module was broken 100% of the time.  It seems to be a common problem, so I'd like to make my code robust enough to deal with it gracefully.  Ideally, the Python build process would refuse to install a faulty install, but that's another matter.  I'm just looking for a workaround.

Thanks,
Alex