How to get memory and CPU status of a particular process

Chris Rebert clp2 at
Tue Feb 23 08:28:01 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Paul Rudin <paul.nospam at> wrote:
> Chris Rebert <clp2 at> writes:
>> Given Turing-completeness, one should more precisely ask whether there
>> is already a library for doing something in Python rather than whether
>> something is possible with Python.
> Turing-completeness is irrelevant to questions like getting memory and
> CPU info for a process. These are not issues of computability...

True, but given that it is possible to access most *nix APIs from
Python and win32all provides what I understand to be extensive access
to the Win32 API from Python, cross-platform coding is almost always
possible in Python. You might have to manually deal with each case
yourself though. (More technically, I suppose that's being
multi-platform with relatively easy DIY cross-platform).