When will Python go mainstream like Java?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Feb 24 15:02:17 CET 2010

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Chris Rebert, 23.02.2010 06:45:
>> Indeed. Python is at position 7, just behind C#, in the TIOBE Index:
>> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
> That index is clearly flawed. A language like PHP (whatever that is
> supposed to be comparable with) can't possibly be on the rise, can it?
Interesting that you are willing to trust your gut feeling against an
established survey. All indexes are flawed, they are merely flawed in
different ways is all. I track TIOBE because it shows trends. Python's
absolute position on the list doesn't interest me so much.

PyCon is coming! Atlanta, Feb 2010  http://us.pycon.org/