CGI File Upload Problem with Python 3.1 on IIS 7

huseyin hseylan at dr.com
Thu Feb 25 11:35:40 EST 2010

I am trying to upload files through cgi script written in python 3.1
on a Windows IIS 7 server.
The server time out when I write in usual way that is

form=cgi.cgi.FieldStorage()
fileitem = form['filename']
fn = os.path.basename(fileitem.filename)
open('/tmp/' + fn, 'wb').write(fileitem.file.read())

I think there is a problem with stdin, I checked it with:

s=sys.stdin.buffer.read(1024)
print (s)

I prints the first 1024 bytes of the input stream. But when I write

s=1
while s:
     s=sys.stdin.buffer.read(1024)
     print (s)

the server stops responding. I think there is a problem that Python
cannot understand end of input stream.

I searched this on the net but could not find a solution.

Thanks