taking python enterprise level?...

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Thu Feb 25 13:22:40 EST 2010

On 02/25/10 16:18, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
<cut working around ISP's with braindead network configurations>
Very interesting, I had a similar kind of problem (a network balancer
that doesn't balance small tcp packages too well) and solved it by
wrapping the TCP package in UDP. UDP was treated differently, although
in overall switch and router manager it has a lower priority compared to
other tcp packages, in normal usage it was faster.

Probably because UDP has less things to inspect and by this can be
processed faster by all the network equipment in between, but to be
honest it worked for me and the client wasn't interested in academic
explanations and since this was a working solution I didn't investigated
it any further.

Oh and a big thank you for PyGreSQL,! It has proven to be an extremely
useful module for me (especially since I used to hop a lot between
different unixes and Windows).
--
mph