Docstrings considered too complicated

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Sat Feb 27 12:18:57 EST 2010

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes:

> Also, some assemblies perform the move in different directions according
> to the arguments. So you might have:
>
> mv AX,BX  ; move contents of BX into AX
> mv @CX,DX ; move contents of @CX into DX
>
> Horrible, yes, but apparently some assembly languages did something like
> that.

It doesn't matter. Both your comments are wrong from my point of
view. Someone who doesn't know in which direction the move happens is
certainly not qualified to modify the code. And as for learning, he/she
should start with a book, not with a piece of code that requires a
comment on every line unless one can guess its meaning.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/