Python dos2unix one liner

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 13:01:22 EST 2010

On Feb 27, 2010, at 12:27 PM, John Bokma wrote:

> "ssteinerX at gmail.com" <ssteinerx at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Feb 27, 2010, at 10:01 AM, @ Rocteur CC wrote:
>>> Nothing to do with Perl, Perl only takes a handful of characters to
>>> do this and certainly does not require the creation an intermediate
>>> file
>>
>> Perl may be better for you for throw-away code.  Use Python for the
>> code you want to keep (and read and understand later).
>
> Amusing how long those Python toes can be. In several replies I have
> noticed (often clueless) opinions on Perl. When do people learn that a
> language is just a tool to do a job?

I'm not sure how "use it for what it's good for" has anything to do with toes.

I've written lots of both Python and Perl and sometimes, for one-off's, Perl is quicker; if you know it.

I sure don't want to maintain Perl applications though; even ones I've written.

When all you have is a nail file, everything looks like a toe; that doesn't mean you want to have to maintain it.  Or something.