help with Python installation

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at
Sun Feb 28 09:52:14 CET 2010

On Feb 28, 12:51 am, gujax <rjngrj2... at> wrote:
> I agree with you. I have a CD of Xubuntu. I tried
> booting up with the CD and was impressed. I noticed
> few problems with screen resolution, window size etc.

Though it may be worth working out any niggling problems to switch to
Linux, I don't think you should feel pressured to switch if you are
comfortable with Win ME on that particular machine.

> And no, I am not at all attached to Win, though wouldn't
> say the same for my computer.

It sounds like you could have switched to Linux and resolved any
configuration problems in the two years you've been trying to install
Python. ;)  But that said, I have used older versions of Python
without any trouble on Win ME.  In fact, I still have a Win ME machine
running 2.5.2.

According to the docs, you have to have Microsoft Installer 2.0
(freely downloadable from Microsoft if necessary) to use the 2.5 MSI

If for whatever reason you can't or don't want to do this, 2.3 still
has an EXE distribution: