Challenge: escape from the pysandbox

Aahz aahz at
Sun Feb 28 18:55:38 CET 2010

In article <mailman.330.1267292249.4577.python-list at>,
Daniel Fetchinson  <fetchinson at> wrote:
>I guess they also have some kind of a sandbox if they let people run
>python on their machines, I'm not sure if it's open source though.

Thing is, I'm sure that Google uses a critical backstop to any
Python-based sandbox: something like a chroot jail.  The Python sandbox
is mostly there to inform you about what you can and can't do; the real
security is provided by the OS.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>