Draft PEP on RSON configuration file format

Sun Feb 28 22:18:47 EST 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 20:09:30 -0600, Patrick Maupin wrote:

> All:
>
> Finding .ini configuration files too limiting, JSON and XML to hard to
> manually edit, and YAML too complex to parse quickly, I have started
> work on a new configuration file parser.
>
> I call the new format RSON (for "Readable Serial Object Notation"), and
> it is designed to be a superset of JSON.

Wait a minute... if JSON is too hard to edit, and RSON is a *superset* of
JSON, that means by definition every JSON file is also a valid RSON file.
Since JSON is too hard to manually edit, so is RSON.

> I would love for it to be considered valuable enough to be a part of the
> standard library,

Come back when you actually have MANY users other than yourself using
this is real-world projects. Until then, it is too early to even consider
adding it the std library. Python comes with batteries included, but not
experimental batteries that aren't even built yet, let alone proven that
they work.

--
Steven