Pyrhon2.5 to 2.4 conversion

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Sat Feb 27 20:58:34 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 5:41 PM, tarekamr at gmail.com <tarekamr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using oauth2.py library, and it works fine on one of my
> PC's (python2.5), but later on when I tried to use it with python2.4
> the following line (line 332 in http://github.com/simplegeo/python-oauth2/blob/master/oauth2/__init__.py)
> showed a syntax error
>
> items = [(k, v if type(v) != ListType else sorted(v)) for k,v in
> sorted(self.items()) if k != 'oauth_signature']
>
> So it there a way to convert this line to a python2.4 compliant
> syntax.

This part is your problem:
(k, v if type(v) != ListType else sorted(v))

Conditional expressions like that were added in v2.5:
http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/2.5.html#pep-308-conditional-expressions

Here's an untested substitute:

def sort_or_tuple(k, v):
    if type(v) != ListType:
        return k, v
    else:
        return sorted(v)

items = [sort_or_tuple(k,v) for k,v in sorted(self.items()) if k !=
'oauth_signature']

Of course, the more obvious solution is just to upgrade your Python;
it's well worth it!

Cheers,
Chris
--