Windows 7 : any problems installing or running Python ?

Lewis Cawthorne llcawthorne at archlinux.us
Sat Jan 2 18:47:37 EST 2010

I'm not Skippy, but I do have my wife's Toshiba Satellite running
Windows 7 Home Premium laying around.  I figured that since I am fairly
well set to duplicate all the information you gave in your problem, I
would take a look.  The bad news is that Python works great on it, so
your problem needs more troubleshooting..  I have IDLE open right now
with no issues.  Python version: 3.1.1, Idle version: 3.1.1, Tk version:
8.5.

Have you tried launching Python from a command line in the directory
that you installed it to perhaps?  Maybe it would spit out an error
message (or the interpreter might just work and maybe you have a Tk
problem...  who knows).

Lewis Cawthorne