IOError - cannot create file (linux daemon-invoked script)

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Jan 4 19:23:34 EST 2010

On 04Jan2010 09:16, cassiope <fpm at u.washington.edu> wrote:
| To Cameron: the file doesn't (yet) exist; and it has the correct full
| path.

Can you show us the strace output of the failing open() call?

| To "Nobody" : hey, this seems interesting.  First test, invoking
| seteuid()
| and setegid() didn't help - but strange thing was these calls didn't
| show
| up in the strace, so perhaps I wasn't testing what I thought I was.

If you're using the "-e trace=file" option it won't. That constrains the
output to file operations to make the log easier to read. Discard the -e
option to get everything.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Rimmer: It will be happened; it shall be going to be happening; it will be
    was an event that could will have been taken place in the future.
        - Red Dwarf, _Future Echoes_