Speeding up network access: threading?

Jens Müller me4 at privacy.net
Tue Jan 5 13:45:50 EST 2010

Hi and sorry for double posting - had mailer problems,

> Terry said "queue". not "list". Use the Queue class (it's thread-safe)
> in the "Queue" module (assuming you're using Python 2.x; in Python 3.x
> it's called the "queue" module).

Yes yes, I know. I use a queue to realize the thread pool queue, that works
all right.

But each worker thread calculates a result and needs to make it avaialable
to the application in the main thread again. Therefore, it appends its
result to a common list. This seems works as well, but I was thinking of
possible conflict situations that maybe could happen when two threads append
their results to that same result list at the same moment.

Regards,
Jens