lxml 2.2.4 on python3.1, Windows XP gives importerror

VYAS ASHISH M-NTB837 ashish.vyas at motorola.com
Wed Jan 6 03:51:46 EST 2010

Posting again as I did not get any response:

Dear All

I have Python 3.1 installed on Windows XP and Works nice.
I downloaded lxml 2.2.4 (lxml-2.2.4.win32-py3.1.exe) from pypi.

When I try:
from lxml import etree
I get:
ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
application may fix this problem.

For information: 'import lxml' works fine.

After reinstalling python3.1 also the error message is the same. Any
help is appreciated!

Regards,
Ashish Vyas