File transfer with python

Valentin de Pablo Fouce thimxx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 13:00:25 EST 2010

Hi there,

I hope this is the rigth place, if not please, tell me which is the
right dicussion place. I apologize in such case.

Ok, I am trying to do a very quick application (is "home based" so is
not a big deal...). My intention is to transfer files from one
computer to another.

I am using several OS (Linux and Windows basicly, but potentially in
the future Mac too), and the computers won't be potentially in the
same network (ok, the most times will... but there will be
exceptions).

My intention is to be able to transfer files from one computer to
another in this environment.

Looking (and surfing) at internet the only suggestion given is to use
low level sockets for this file transfer. Is there another way to do
it, is there any top level library that helps you to do that?

That's a lot!