Exception as the primary error handling mechanism?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 6 16:33:54 EST 2010

Phlip wrote:
> On Jan 6, 10:23 am, Lie Ryan <lie.1... at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Speak for yourself...
>> Everyone speaks for themselves, is that a problem?
>
> Of course not. I was pointing out that Steve is telling me not to
> force my programming opinions on everyone...
>
> ...while defending Python enforcing programming opinions on everyone.

That's because Python is not a person, and Guido is a better language
designer than both of us put together. No languagecan be all things to
all programmers, and Python represents a set of pragmatic and useful
choices.

> And now, if everyone will excuse me, I have to get back to writing a
> unit-test-to-code ratio of 2:1. Have fun being rigorous, everyone!

Consider yourself excused ;-)

regards
 Steve
PyCon is coming! Atlanta, Feb 2010  http://us.pycon.org/