please help shrink this each_with_index() implementation

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 7 08:37:07 EST 2010

Phlip schreef:
> Nobody wrote:
>> Writing robust software from the outset puts you at a competitive
>> disadvantage to those who understand how the system works.
>
> And I, not my language, should pick and chose how to be rigorous. The language
> should not make the decision for me.

You can always easily make your program less rigorous than the language,
but the reverse is generally very difficult. So a rigorous language
gives you the choice, why a non-rigorous language does not.

--
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.

Roel Schroeven