How do I access what's in this module?

John Machin sjmachin at
Fri Jan 8 05:01:00 CET 2010

On Jan 8, 2:45 pm, Fencer <no.i.d... at>
> On 2010-01-08 04:40, John Machin wrote:
> >> For example:
> >>   >>>  from lxml.etree import ElementTree
> >>   >>>  ElementTree.dump(None)
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>     File "<console>", line 1, in<module>
> > lxml.etree is a module. ElementTree is effectively a class. The error
> > message that you omitted to show us might have given you a clue.
> But I did show the error message? It's just above what you just wrote. I
> try to include all relevant information in my posts.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<console>", line 1, in <module>

Also, can I access those items ...

Error message should appear after line starting with "File". Above
excerpt taken from google groups; identical to what shows in ... what are you
looking at?

With Windows XP and Python 2.5.4 I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'builtin_function_or_method' object has no attribute

> It turns out I no longer want to access anything in there but I thank
> you for your information nontheless.

You're welcome -- the advice on _methods is portable :-)