getfirst and re

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at
Fri Jan 8 15:22:35 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Carsten Haese <carsten.haese at>wrote:

> Victor Subervi wrote:
> > Code snippet:
> > [...]
> >
> > Error:
> > [...]
> > What do?
> After eliminating the pieces of your post that have been copied or
> quoted from elsewhere, I am left with a total of five words of your own
> to ask this question, which seems to be approximately the same amount of
> effort you have put into trying to figure out what's causing the error.

First I get scolded for not including enough information. Now I get scolded
for including too much. Seems I can't win. I *am* putting effort into
understanding this. I'm sorry I'm not as sharp as you are in these matters.

params = {}, key = 'store', global cgi = <module 'cgi' from
>, cgi.FieldStorage = <class cgi.FieldStorage>, ].value undefined

TypeError: unsubscriptable object
      args = ('unsubscriptable object',)

Why is the value undefined? What is an unsubscriptable object?